RACC™ cardiology clinic
Cardiologists are the "experts" in diagnosing and managing cardiac diseases. If you are concerned about a possible cardiac problem in your patient, we are a first point of contact for the community to minimize patient risk.
Cardiologists at TotalCardiology have clinical experience in the management of adult patients with cardiovascular diseases. Our knowledge of cardiac physiology and pathophysiology allows us to apply the most clinically appropriate cardiac test as well as refer patients for diagnostic testing and interpret results to provide comprehensive and expert diagnostic and treatment plans for your patients.
Goals of RACC™ cardiology clinic
Our clinics are supported by our highly trained clinical staff and in-house cardio-diagnostic testing. Patients referred to RACC cardiology clinic will be seen by the next available cardiologist on a timeline that exceeds the national and provincial benchmark recommendations.
The goals of the RACC™ cardiology clinic are to:
- Provide an innovative and rapid assessment option for patients with any cardiac symptoms
- Provide a consistent and standardized yet patient focused approach to evaluation of cardiac symptoms
- Act as a consistently reliable and quickly accessible resource for all Emergency/Urgent care and community Physicians
- Ease pressure on Emergency/ Urgent care and community clinics by meaningfully reducing wait times and even repeat visits
- Help patients through fast assessment and application of clinically appropriate testing and provide reassurance
- Perform cardiovascular risk assessment, educate patients about cardiovascular disease prevention and promote good life style and modify or eliminate poor habits
Who can refer to RACC™ cardiology clinic?
We welcome direct referrals for consultations from all health care providers eligible to refer patients. These include community physicians specializing in Family Medicine and Primary Care Centers, all other specialists and sub-specialists including Physicians in Urgent Care Centers and Emergency Departments.
RACC cardiology clinic sees patients with:
- Adult patients with chest pain:
- with a low likelihood of Acute Coronary Syndrome
- of unclear cause
- with repeated visits to the ER
- Atrial fibrillation/Flutter
- Chronic Ischemic Heart Disease
- Heart Failure / Dyspnea
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Other Dysrhythmia (e.g. Ventricular Tachyarrhythmia)
- Global and pre-operative Cardiovascular Risk Assessment and stratification
Through RACC™ cardiology clinic you can also request a Telephone Consultation with one of our Cardiologists for quick and expert answers to and resolutions of your clinical or cardio-diagnostic dilemma or other patient related questions.
To request a Tele-Cardiology consultation, please complete the RACC cardiology clinic Tele-consult referral (pdf) and fax it to (403) 571-6990.
Consultation with the Cardiologist of your choice
You may still request a consultation with a specific Cardiologist of your or your patient's choice directly through their office. The appointment wait time for a specific Cardiologist is dictated by his/her office and your patient and /or your office will be contacted directly by them with an appointment time.
Cardiology Consultation in other languages
TotalCardiology has several Cardiologists and clinical staff who speak several languages including Punjabi, Urdu, Hindu, Mandarin, French, German, Italian, and Farsi (Persian). You can request a cardiology consultation with one of these Cardiologists.